Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God Talking

This past week my attitude has been terrible, yes, I am admitting to my wrong doing of having a negative attitude. I am not sure what is bringing this on but for some reason every little thing anyone does just gets to me. I have been praying and asking God to guide me to happiness, to get rid of my anger and sadness. Well...just when you think your prayers are not getting answered God shows up and throws things in my face!!

First of all my husband and I are watching the whole collection of The Sopranos. Wow what a show!! In one of the episodes Tony's sister Janice is talking about anger and how she is the only one who can control her emotions. Well go figure in my small group Bible study we were talking about being responsible for our emotions and the only person who can control our emotions are us. Not the guy driving down the road who cut us off, not our husband who didn't do the dishes, and not the boss that wants everything and wants everything NOW! We are in control we are the only one's who can look at a situation and turn it around on our own. Well if that was not good enough lets keep going...

Today again I am moping around the office grumping at everyone when all of a sudden I find out I have more vacation then originally thought and I get to take a vacation day on Friday!! Talk about perfect timing I need a day off for my mental and spritual health sooo bad!! Oh but wait there is more...

As I go through the mundane routine of checking my email on Yahoo I happen to stumble across an article titled "9 ways to get happy in the next 30 minutes" First thing that runs through my head is "Ok come on now God I get the hint, but is this really going to work, and how do you know I am not happy right now I am showing it arn't I?" We should never question the Lord and in times like this where everywhere you look there is something or someone trying to solve your problem we need to take 5 minutes to thank Him for all He has done!! So here is my shout out to you Lord and THANKS!!!

Have a blessed day!!

Yahoo article if interested....
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/9-ways-to-get-happy-in-the-next-30-minutes-444895/

1 comment: