Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Forgiveness...

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15

My Monday nights usually consist of Bible study with my small group however, I had such a busy weekend and was so tired I missed lasts night discussion. We are currently studying a book called "Victory over the Darkness" by Neil T. Anderson. (I will post the link to Amazon at the bottom of the post) we are in chapter 11 which is "Healing Emotional Wounds from your Past". Wow did this ever hit home!! Now, I have never been raped or had great trauma to my life but I have had times where someone has done something to me and I have said "I will never forgive this person for what they did" those are pretty harsh words considering I want God to forgive me for all my sins and wrong doings. So, how come each of us here on Earth have such a hard time forgiving others in our lives but God can forgive each of us no matter what we do?! I have been struggling with this since I read the chapter. What can I do to forgive the people that have caused me pain, or sadness. Anderson states that we need to give forgiveness to everyone no matter what they have done, he mentioned that it is the only way we find peace with the person or situation. But, Anderson also says we need to forgive them through God, by praying and telling God exactly what they did and forgiving them for that exact reason. God is the only one who can judge us and our wrong doings. We are here to live according to God's will and leave the hard, tricky stuff to him.

With that my new goal set before myself is to forgive through God. The people I am forgiving may never know that I have forgave them but, God in return will show them sometime, someday. I am putting all my trust in the Lord and knowing he will help each and everyone of us if we help him, and live through him.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

Have a Blessed Day!

Link to Amazon.com for Victory over the Darkness: http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Over-Darkness-Realizing-Identity/dp/0830725644

No comments:

Post a Comment