Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit - Patience


Patience by definition is
Bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
Ha ha very funny so basically you are saying that I need to keep quiet and calm during times of stress, pain, and worry?! Are you kidding?! Patience is a virtue or so I have been told. There are many times a day that I am impatient. How about when my husband says "I will clean the bathroom don't worry about" and I am sitting there following him around until he does, or when my boss says "we need to discuss this immediatly" then she gets a phone call or an email or has to run to make a copy, and I am sitting there waiting for her to come back. These are all impatients in my life right now.
What about impaitence in my spiritual life? Where do I even begin!! I am impatient when praying because I always want an answer right away. I am impatient spiritually because I want to get through the book of Romans in the Bible but keep getting stuck or held back. I am impatient because there is a place I want to be in my spiritual life that, for some reason I am having a hard time getting to. God tells us this:
Psalm 37:7-9 "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."
God shows us patience everyday by waiting for us to figure things out. Waiting for us to ask for forgiveness and waiting for us to worship him. Why do we have such a hard time waiting for the Lord or waiting for anything for that matter?
My thoughts this week are to take a step back and realize that maybe right now I am not supposed to have that meeting maybe the time it took my boss to get ready I should have been praying. Maybe my husband has not cleaned the bathroom right away because he is working on something else to better our lives. I am hoping and praying that I find patience in my flesh life and in my spiritual life.
Remember to visit Katies blog and read her thoughts on Patiences. Also join us next week for kindness. If you have missed the previous Fruit of Spirit Posts you can find them here Love, Joy, Peace
Have a blessed and patient day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment