Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit: Faithfullness






II Timothy 3:1-5, the apostle Paul describes the spirit of people at the end of the age:
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: "For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power
. And from such people turn away!"


I start my post this week with a verse from Timothy. I found this verse to be very true when talking about faithfullness. Faithfullness to me means following what you believe in, staying true to yourself, and always being dependable. As I was doing my research for this weeks post I was reading a few articles online about faitfullness and what it means.


We have a tendency to be faithful to what we think is truly important, be it a family name, spouse, friendship, employer, school, athletic team or even certain things like a make of automobile. In my life I find faithfullness to be one of the most important things in a relationship. I expect my husband to stay faithfull to me and our family, I expect my friends to stay faithfull to me by not talking badly or doing things that would hurt me. Faithfullness is a very important part of my life and truly believe it can make or break many areas of our lives.


But Faithfullness also has a different meaning, a meaning I tend to not think about or find important. The Faithfullness to God our Lord, our Creator, our life. Why is it so easy to stay faithfull to our flesh life but not our spiritual life? I think it is easier to find faith in our flesh life because it is here and now. We can physically see, touch, smell, and hear everything right now. There are constant reminders daily to stay faithfull. But, our spiritual life and God are the most important to stay faithfull too. God is faithfull to us NO MATTER WHAT! He loves us no matter what, forgives us, and someday we will be with him.


So, how can we remain faithfull to God and not as faithfull to our everyday life? By praying, reading His word, and showing love and caring to all of the people in our life.


Have a Blessed Day!


Be sure to check out Katie's blog on Faithfullness. And join us next week for the final Fruit of the Spirit Self Control.

No comments:

Post a Comment