Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit - Peace

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

I am so glad to be back with the Fruit of the Spirit posts! It was a good break for reflection and study I am so excited to share with you Peace. Remember to also visit my great friend Katies page as well for her take on Peace.

Peace to me is quiet time, no fighting, happy thoughts, and a good nights sleep. As the verse above tells us the Lord gives us peace at all times in every way. This is very true but, how come we don't feel peaceful or feel the peace of the Lord at all times? In todays world we rely so much on ourselves and others to find peace that more often then not we never reach a state of peace. We expect peace to come from our boss at work to make our days better, we expect peace from our spouses so we can enjoy our evening, we expect peace from our children so we may think without interruption, and we expect peace from our parents and family so we may live our life on our own accord. We expect peace from EVERYONE in our life but why do we not expect peace from the One who has given us peace at all times and in every way?


This study has really opened my eyes to a new way of finding peace. We need to ask the Lord for peace and have him grant us his peace. We need to rely on his word and his will to make our lives peaceful and peacful for others. The following prayer is one I found that I hope we can all pray together and remember we need to have peace in our lives through our Lord.


O Lord Jesus Christ, Who said to Your Apostles: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you," regard not my sins but the faith of Your Church, and deign to give her peace and unity according to Your Will: Who live and reign, God, world without end. Amen.

Have a blessed day and peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment